Much like the New Faces of 2010, there are always entertainers of note to be on the look-out for in the new year. With the help of some online research, here are my predictions for the faces of 2011 (in no particular order):
1. Madeline Carroll – Madeline starred in this year’s heart-warming movie by Rob Reiner called Flipped, but this talented 14-year-old has appeared in the box office movies The Santa Clause 3: The Escape Clause, Resident Evil: Extinction and The Spy Next Door as well as appearing in Lost, Grey’s Anatomy, Lie to Me, NCIS and Private Practice. Among her five upcoming projects, she will appear in Mr. Popper’s Penguins with Jim Carrey and Vanilla Gorilla with Arnold Vosloo.
2. Sarah Shahi – Sarah Shahi has the lead role in the new USA Network series called Fairly Legal that will debut on January 20 at 10 PM, but viewers will remember for her roles in the TV series The L Word and Life. She has also been seen in the first season of Alias, the pilot episode of Supernatural and an episode of Psych.
3. Rooney Mara – Rooney landed the plum role in the American version of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo that will be out in theatres next year; but her resume includes the films The Social Network, the 2010 version of A Nightmare on Elm Street, Youth in Revolt and Dare (with Emmy Rossum and Zach Gilford) and appearances in the TV shows ER, Women’s Murder Club, The Cleaner and Law & Order: Special Victims Unit.
4. Rami Malek – Rami will be seen in the two-part final movie Breaking Dawn in the Twilight saga franchise, but he has appeared in the final season of 24, the box office films Night at the Museum and its sequel and the mini-series The Pacific.
5. Jason Momoa – While Jason is recognizable to TV viewers for his roles as Ronan in Stargate Atlantis, Jason in Baywatch and Frankie in the short-lived series North Shore, he will gain much more notoriety when he appears in the lead role in the box office remake of Conan and the new HBO series Game of Thrones.
6. Tyler Posey – Early in 2011 Tyler will star in the new MTV series Teen Wolf loosely based on the 1985 box office film, but he got his start in the TV series Doc, starring Billy Ray Cyrus and starred in the box office film Maid In Manhattan with Jennifer Lopez. He has also appeared in the TV shows Lincoln Heights and Brothers & Sisters and the TV mini-series Into the West.
7. Lucy Punch – Lucy will be seen in the upcoming box office movie Bad Teacher alongside Jason Segel, Justin Timberlake and Cameron Diaz; Take Me Home Tonight with Anna Faris, Topher Grace and Michelle Trachtenberg and A Little Bit of Heaven alongside Kate Hudson and Whoopi Goldberg. But audiences may recognize her as one of the evil step-sisters from the film Ella Enchanted and she has appeared in the films Hot Fuzz and Dinner for Schmucks.
8. Andrea Riseborough – Andrea starred in the 2010 box office movies Never Let Me Go with Carey Mulligan and Kiera Knightley and the independent films Made In Dagenham with Sally Hawkins and Bob Hoskins and Brighton Rock with Helen Mirren and John Hurt, but she has also been seen in the film Happy-Go-Lucky, the made-for-TV movie Margaret Thatcher: The Long Walk to Finchley and she will be seen in the films W.E. with Abbie Cornish and Resistance with Michael Sheen.
9. Jessica Chastian – Jessica will star alongside Emma Stone, Bryce Dallas Howard, Allison Janney, Mike Vogel, Sissy Spacek, Viola Davis and Chris Lowell in the 2011 film The Help and in the upcoming film The Fields with Sam Worthington and Jeffrey Dean Morgan. She will also be seen in the movie Tree of Life, starring alongside Brad Pitt and Sean Penn. She has previously appeared in episodes of ER, Veronica Mars, Close to Home and the short-lived series Law & Order: Trial by Jury.
10. Keir Gilchrist – Keir has starred in the popular Showtime series United States of Tara and recently appeared in the independent film It’s Kind of a Funny Story with Emma Roberts and Zach Galifianakis, but he also appeared in episodes of Queer As Folk, Doc, 1-800-Missing and Life with Derek.
Are there any actors or actresses who you think are the faces to watch in 2011? Please share.