Rueben (aka Lee Ann) is a Columnist for NiceGirlsTV and a News Contributor/Show Specialist for TV Equals (formerly Daemon’s TV) in addition to her role as Founder of Rueben’s Ramblings. She is also a former “Song of the Day Examiner” at Examiner.com, a former Guest Writer at TV Goodness and a former Ratings Reporter at The Voice of TV.
She grew up on the East Coast but is now a permanent Californian. A lifelong TV-oholic, she watches at least 25 TV shows a week (preferably dramas) [even during the summer], goes to the movies as often as possible, listens to music every waking moment, reads every day and “plays” on the internet every chance she can.
She lives for all things entertainment and yearns to share her love of the industry with everyone.
Some of her current favorite TV shows include Castle, Once Upon a Time, Supernatural, The Vampire Diaries, Arrow, Beauty And the Beast, Drop Dead Diva, Revenge, Nikita, Switched at Birth, White Collar, Lost Girl, Continuum, Leverage and Burn Notice (among many others).
Her all time favorite movies are the classic musicals Brigadoon and Seven Brides for Seven Brothers; but her favorite current movies include A Walk in the Clouds, The Princess Bride, Batman Forever, Phantom of the Opera, Pride & Prejudice, Serenity, Spider-Man, Love Actually, The Italian Job, the animated movie Tangled, Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves and Ever After: A Cinderella Story.
Her favorite books include the Anne of Green Gables series, all of Jane Austen‘s classics and anything by Nora Roberts. Her musical taste ranges from the big band era, to the classics of the 60′s and 70′s through to today’s hits. Her passion for writing, since the early 1990′s, includes three as-yet-to-be-written novels, some poetry (from her days in high school), daily entertainment news updates and countless articles about television, movies, music and books.
You can write to Rueben at email@example.com.
Also, the following list outlines the topics for which I DO and DO NOT cover here at Rueben’s Ramblings:
1. I am not a fan of TV comedies (such as Modern Family, Cougar Town, et al) and will not be reporting on them. While these shows may be deserving of coverage, I do not watch them and am not the right person for which to comment on them.
2. I do not get involved in anything related to politics, current events or anything you see on any news program (cable channel or network TV). I prefer to remain oblivious to all of those topics nor will I talk about those topics here.
3. Reality TV is not a subject of interest to me at all! I believe that form of “entertainment” to be wasteful of programming space and does not deserve one moment to be wasted on it.
4. I do not focus on celebrity rumor and/or scandal or anything pertaining to the personal lives of anyone involved in the entertainment industry. To me, it is simply none of our business.
5. I am not a sports fan – never have been, never will be – and I will not provide any kind of coverage, articles, ratings numbers (et al) on sports programs.
Now, what I WILL provide to readers – to the best of my ability – are:
* News items and articles about Network and Cable Dramas
* Made-for-TV movies and Box Office movies
* Popular music and Spotlights on Musicians and Artists
* TV and/or Movie related events (such as Comic Con or the Paley Center for Media events)
* General TV news (such as development deals, award presentations and charity events, etc.)
* DVD Releases and Web Series (such as Dr. Horrible, Riese and The Guild)
* And, lastly, Book reviews and/or Book Recommendations
If you like any of the items shown in the list immediately above, then you’ve come to the right place and I hope you will stop by as often as you can.
Thanks! And, enjoy!
Good motto to live by: “Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful.“